Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Earth Quake!

Something interesting happened today....while I was blogging, I felt the building shaking and the doors of my study room trembling. Initially, I thought it rather amusing as this was the 1st time I'd experienced this. But when reality sunk in, I began to feel frightened. I gave MAH-Ge a call and he told me to pack up the store room a little so that if anything happens, both my mother in law and I can run inside and hide. Oh, by the way, our store room is a bomb shelter.

Thankfully, nothing happened and my mother in law didn't feel the tremors as she was pacing around the house, trying to feel it. Hahaha....We tuned in to the news right after, to see what exactly happened. It was an earthquake off the coast of Sumatra, measuring 6.6 on the richter scale. Scary!

Listening to the news was really funny. People called into the newsline to say that their colleagues screamed and some cried. I mean, how drama can this be? I really can't imagine! Hahaha....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh Mahtai...

I was chatting with u online when the tremors took place lah.. And I remembered after that, there was no reply from u. I tot u went to hide under the table lor... Hahahaha!

MAH-Sters said...

I disappeared cos I wanted to feel the tremor and it's not cos I got vertigo! It was my 1st experience! So funny...