Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gals' Party!

MAH-Ge was away for the weekend on a fishing trip. And when the cat is out, we mice let ourselves loose!

On Saturday, we went to Por Por's and Gong Gong's place. We took the train and then a bus, all by ourselves! Not that we've not done this before, just that, we didn't do this often. At the train station, we stood close to the door, hoping that we might get a seat. As Sengkang is only the 2nd stop, there are usually no passengers getting off the train, hence, it was safe to stand by the door. We saw 2 seats at the corner available and thought we might get those seats. But when the train door opened, a well dressed man in his early thirties walked quickly to those seats and sat down! I thought he might give up the seat for us since I was carrying a huge bag and holding on to MAH-Let on the other hand. I was wrong....A lot of Singaporean men nowadays are not gentlemanly at all. How could I forget that! I had mouthed pretty loudly to MAH-Let, "baby, that uncle is so quick! We have to learn to walk faster next time". I think that man is deaf lah, cos he still didn't move his butt. The glue on the seat must have been really strong.

MAH-Let enjoys playing with Shannan everytime we visit Por Por and Gong Gong. The girls played with the Dora CD Rom, watched Barbie Mermaidia VCD and just ran around the whole house. We left at about 8pm and MAH-Let was tired out. She fell asleep when we were only on the East West Line. When we needed to change to the NEL train at Outram Park, it was backbreaking having to carry the 14kg MAH-Let and walking on a super long stretch of linkway just to get to the NEL side. Why did they have to make it such a long walk? Yes, I still had that huge bag on my shoulders.

On Sunday, we couldn't think of what to do and stayed home instead. We did go for lunch at Ponggol Plaza. MAH-Let loves to take the "Ponggol Bus", a free shuttle bus service to Ponggol Plaza. We got a table but I had to place MAH-Let at the table while I ordered our food. While she was waiting, an Indian lady and her son sat on our table, without asking MAH-Let for permission. Panicked, MAH-Let screamed for me while I was queuing for our food. When I went to the table, MAH-Let had 1 hand on a chair and told me that she had reserved that chair for me. How sweet of her.

In the evening, we went to the Swenson's at Compasspoint for dinner. MAH-Let had a kid's fish and chips while I had the adult version. After that, we stuffed ourselves with the heavenly chocolate ice cream! Yes, we had a party without MAH-Ge! Truth is...we both missed MAH-Ge dearly...

Some photos of MAH-Let enjoying her food...

MAH-Let enjoying her apple juice that came with her meal


MAH-Let's fish and chips. The chips are actually hash browns in alphabets

MAH-Let enjoying her chocolate coated cherry from the ice cream

No comments: